Announcements from the Dean of Studies
November 3, 2014
1. Classes for the Second Semester 2014-2015 will start tomorrow November 4, 2014 and will end on March 21, 2015 (Graduation). Christmas Break begins on December 15 and classes resume on January 5, 2015.
DWST welcomes the following “new” professors:
Dr. Rico Villanueva, PhD
Courses: Biblical Hebrew Language, Wisdom Literature-Psalms
Pastor Rico is the Director of Biblical Studies at Alliance Graduate School and a faculty member of Asia Graduate School of Theology. He earned his PhD in Old Testament from the University of Bristol, UK, and his dissertation has been published as a book entitled The Uncertainty of a Hearing: A Study of the Sudden Change of Mood in the Lament Psalms (Brill, 2008). As a consultant with Philippine Bible Society, he co-edited the Bible Primer. Pastor Rico regularly preaches at the Capital City Alliance Church in Quezon City and Christian Alliance Fellowship East. He is blessed with a lovely wife, Rosemarie and two children, Emier and Faye.
Dr. Rene Oliveros, PhD
Course: Islam and Interreligious Dialogue
Doc Rene is Assistant Professor of Islamic Studies at the Ateneo de Manila University. He obtained his doctorate from Temple University (Philadephia). His doctoral dissertation on “Islam in the American-Moro War (1903-1913)” was published in Germany (2010).
Fr. Ronnie Crisostomo, SVD, SLL, SThD (cand.)
Course: Liturgy and Time
Fr. Ronnie holds a Licentiate in Sacred Liturgy (SSL) from the Pontifical Liturgical Institute (San Anselmo – Rome) and a doctoral student of Systematic Theology at the Pontifical Comillas University (Madrid, Spain).
2. November 4 – Professors’ Submission of the Final Grades (1st Semester)
3. November 5, 2014 – Talk on Bangsamoro by Fr. Jun Mercado, OMI. The talk is organized by DWIMS (c/o Fr. Tony Pernia, SVD). The classes from 10:15am – 12:00 on this day will be suspended for the students to attend this important talk. The venue is Aula Magna.
Fr. Jun is a recognized expert on the role of Islam in Southeast Asia; a senior policy adviser at the Institute for Autonomy and Governance in Cotabato City; and was President of the Notre Dame University in Cotabato City.
4. November 8, 2014 – Start of CTS Classes (Second Semester)
5. November 10, 2014 – FASTER MEETING (Faculty, Students and Rectors Meeting). Time: 5:00 – 6:00 pm; Venue: T2 classroom. DWSTSA representatives—
Polistico Anthony, OSJ, Aban, Ryan, MSP, and Reymar Millar, SAN PABLO—are to take part in this meeting.
6. Nov. 17 (Mon.) Start of Classes for the Special Courses
N.B. Biblical Hebrew Language under Pastor Rico will start on NOVEMBER 4, 2014.
7. Nov. 19 (Wed.) Project Paper Defense (T-4)