Missing since 23 July 2007
Time: between 1:00pm - 3:00pm)
Place: Olivarez Plaza, Tagaytay City
Weight: 120 lbs
Body: Slim, fair complexion
Wearing black shirt with collar and carrying a black bag.
Any information, pls. contact: 09209475791; 09179952275; 046-4131253
This is an update and correction on the previous post on this blog and on newspaper reports on our seminarian, Eliseo "Ely" Cadivin, SVD. Our search is still negative, although we are pursuing an important lead.
1. Ely rode with our driver before 1:00 pm 23 July 2007 (Monday). Ely got off in front of Mercury Drugstore (Aguinaldo Hi-way, near Rotunda).
3. Between 3:00 - 4:00 pm, He bought candies from a stall at the Olivarez area (along the Mr. Quickie side). When his picture was shown, the sales woman immediately recognized him. She claimed that her buyer (Ely) was wearing a black shirt and carrying a black bag.
4. On that Monday afternoon also, his brother received a message from Ely informing him he got his money transfer. The brother read the message around 3:00 pm.
Corrections 1. It was posted earlier that he sent text message to his brother at 3:00 pm. The brother thought he could have sent it even earlier. Unfortunately, the message was deleted.
2. It is not sure whether he went to Metrobank or not.
3. It is not also sure that he told our driver that he is going to Manila.
4. Likewise, it is not sure that he was receiving money to shop for his birthday (report from a tabloid).
5. It is not also true that his cell phone keeps on ringing (report from Philippine Star).
After a week of search and analysis of the situation, we suspect that he was kidnapped.
When we told this to the police, they disagree for the following reasons:
1) The amount he had was too small to attract kidnappers.
2) It happened during the day and just few meters away is a police station.
3) He could have gone underground or disappeared on his own.
The following is our rebuttal:
on 1) How could kidnappers know ahead that he had only P1500? How about cases of mistaken identity, "pinag-tripan", innocent people killed for just only a few bucks?
on 2) Only yesterday, a car parked in front of Shakey's Pizza and it was robbed of a laptop computer right under the nose of the police whose station is just across the rotunda.
-We also gathered information on the following robberies that happened in the city since summer.
(1) A Carnapping incident in Olivarez Plaza.
(2) Owner of a Forex center in the same area abducted but released alive.
(3) A missing Indian businessman until now.
(4) Thieves posing as costumers to buy cell cards from a store in Olivarez.
(5) Theft at the Seminary Tahanan ng Mabuting Pastol.
(6) Car forcibly opened in front of Shakey's.
on 3) If he went underground or disappeared on his own, do the you think we still go the police? His fellow seminarians, superiors, and relatives see no indications that Ely would do such a police suspicion (or imagination).