- Schedule of Classes
- Enrollment Schedule and Procedure 2016
- Arnoldus Library
- School Calendar 2016-2017
- Courses and Programs
- STB Candidates Info Page
- Clearance Form
- Title Pages and Approval Sheets DWST Papers
- DWIMS Courses
- Compre Exams Info Page
- Find the Dean on Twitter
- Free Web Resources for Online Research
- Certificate in Theological Studies
- Dean's List
- Pastoral Ministry Program (AB Theo)
- Annual (Term) Paper
- Master of Arts in Theology (with Thesis)
- DOGMA COMPRE
- Student Visa
- DWST Admission Test
- Dogma Synthesis Paper
- Orientation 2016-2017
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Tuesday, February 07, 2012
Friday, February 03, 2012
THE SECOND ALAP AWARD
The award will be presented at the Graduation Ceremonies on March 31, 2012 to the student who has written the best academic paper (term paper or synthesis paper) for the school year 2011-2012 as determined by an Award Committee chaired by Fr. Randolf Flores, SVD.
The aim of the award is both to reward excellence and to encourage students to write academic papers with high quality.
Who is eligible?
• A bona-fide student of Divine Word Seminary who has submitted his or her academic paper on time to the Dean’s Office and whose grade given by the moderator is not lower than 95%.
o The M.A. thesis is not covered by the ALAP Award.
o Academic paper means the annual term paper or the synthesis paper only.
• The chairperson of the Award Committee will check over the academic papers submitted at the Dean’s Office. He will then select three potential winners from which the Award Committee will choose the best. The criteria of the short list would be:
o (1) the paper’s final grade
o (2) the form and style
footnotes, bibliography, English, and the like
based on Turabian, 7th edition
o (3) content
the novelty of the study
the use of sources
the flow of the arguments
o (4) effective conclusion
not just a simple summary
but an articulation of what the readers can learn from the paper.
• Deadline for the short list: March 9, 2012 before 5:00 p.m.
• Place of submission: Dean’s Office
For more information: See Fr. R. Flores or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the winner of First ALAP AWARD, click here.