- Schedule of Classes
- Enrollment Schedule and Procedure 2016
- Arnoldus Library
- School Calendar 2016-2017
- Courses and Programs
- STB Candidates Info Page
- Clearance Form
- Title Pages and Approval Sheets DWST Papers
- DWIMS Courses
- Compre Exams Info Page
- Find the Dean on Twitter
- Free Web Resources for Online Research
- Certificate in Theological Studies
- Dean's List
- Pastoral Ministry Program (AB Theo)
- Annual (Term) Paper
- Master of Arts in Theology (with Thesis)
- DOGMA COMPRE
- Student Visa
- DWST Admission Test
- Dogma Synthesis Paper
- Orientation 2016-2017
Friday, March 01, 2013
The 3rd ALAP Award
The ALAP Award comprises a plaque of recognition from Divine Word Seminary and a cash honorarium of P5,000.00 courtesy of Natalia Amarante Fund being administered by Fr. Dominador Flores, SVD.
The award will be presented at the Graduation Ceremonies on March 23, The aim of the award is both to reward excellence and to encourage students to write academic papers with high quality. Who is eligible? • A bona-fide student of Divine Word Seminary who has submitted his or her academic paper on time to the Dean’s Office and whose grade given by the moderator is not lower than 95%.
The academic paper includes term, synthesis and other research papers submitted in fulfillment of a course offered for the SY 2012-2013. The M.A. thesis is not covered by the ALAP Award.
The chairperson of the Award Committee—Fr. Randy Flores, SVD—will check over the academic papers submitted at the Dean’s Office. He will then select three potential winners from which the Award Committee will choose the best.
The criteria of the short list are:
(1) the paper’s final grade
(2) the form and style: footnotes, bibliography, English, and the like; based on Turabian, 7th edition
3) content: he novelty of the study; the use of sources; the logical flow of the arguments
(4) effective conclusion: not just a simple summary; but an articulation of what the readers can learn from the paper.
Due Date: Deadline for the short list: Monday, March 11, 2013 before 5:00 p.m.
Place of submission: Dean’s Office
For more information: See Fr. R. Flores or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Mark Ramos (SVD)
2. Jacob Uzoanya (Paraclete)