|SVD-ALS' visit of Jose Rizal's ancestral house|
1. Aguilar, Liezel
2. Atlas, Liezel
3. Delos Santos, Vicky
4. Serwelas, Merry Grace
1. Aguilar, Lara Jean
2. Cerezo, Jhon Carl
3. Daguil, Charlene
4. Gornez, Jude Marcus
5. Improgo, Raiza Jhoana Pauline
6. Isla, Jan Carlo
7. Martinez, Miguelito
8. Sabidolas, Sheralyn
As in the past year, we have a 100% passing rate for the elementary level (4 out of 4). For the high school this year, out of the 22 learners who took the tests, 8 passed (8 out of 22 or 36.36%). For this year then, there are 12 passers or 46.15%. Last year, there were 9 passers out of 46 takers or 19.56%. We did a lot better this time, on its second year of SVD-ALS. We hope to raise the passing rate to 50% next examination in October 2011.
Out of the 9 learners who passed last year’s tests, 7 are now in college as scholars of the Alfonso Yuchengco Foundation through the initiative of Fr. Flavie Villanueva, SVD. We hope to send all of this year’s 8 high school level passers to college. The Pepsi Cola Plant in Muntinlupa, through its HR manager, Atty Allan Montealegre (former SVD novice), is also offering a work and study program for our ALS passers.
For the rest of the learners—there are 129 registered, around 40 of them attend the daily modules—we shall continue to prepare them for the tests and at the same time assist them in livelihood training programs. With financial assistance of the Pondo ng Pinoy foundation, SVD-ALS has a basic computer literacy program; and with the invitation of the Ming Ramos Foundation, some learners attend massage therapy trainings at the DAP-Tagaytay.
The graduation ceremony will be held on March 25, 2011 at 1:00 pm at the Arnoldus Hall, Divine Word Seminary.
At this point, we would like to thank our generous benefactors and supporters for a successful ALS year:
1. Divine Word Seminary, through its Rector, Fr. Fred Saniel SVD, for lending the former Arnodus Dispensary building as the SVD-ALS center;
2. Philippinische Gottesdienst Gemeinde in Vienna, Austria through the initiative of Fr. Rosendo Sandoval, SVD whose donation paid the salaries and benefits (SSS) of the three teachers for this year;
3. Pondo ng Pinoy Foundation with the support of Bishop Chito Tagle and the Diocese of Imus for the Basic Computer Literacy Program;
4. Saint Jude Catholic School for their outreach youth training programs and school supplies;
5. Arnold Janssen Catholic Mission Foundation, through its head, Fr. Jerome Marquez, SVD for the supervision and partnership;
6. Miss Bambi Gamban, a CTS student, for the handling the Basic Computer Literacy program, computer units, and guitars;
7. Mr. and Mrs. Jess Cue for supporting the bookmark project;
8. Miss Cristina Pahilan for assisting in the beekeeping project;
9. Mr. Paul and Mrs. Thelma Mauricio for the financial assistance, computer units and computer chairs;
10. Ms. Heddy Lee for the Christmas gatherings;
11. The SVD Sunday Group and Fr. Raul Caga, SVD for sponsoring the educational trip;
12. Mr. Byron and Mrs. Nini Carbon; Ms. Seni Basilio for the guitars;
13. Saint Jude Parish for school supplies;
14. Aida and Joanna Lou Velarde for school supplies;
15. Atty Yolly Doblon for financial assistance;
16. CTS alumni through Dr. Marita Guevarra for financial assistance;
17. SVD scholastics for the spiritual and moral support;
18. Divine Word School of Theology Students’Association (DWSTSA) for livelihood project;
19. Sandiwaan Center through Fr. Ben Beltran, SVD for the computer units;
20. Fr. Ed Fugoso, SVD for financial assistance.
There are more unnamed supporters of SVD-ALS, may God doubly bless them.
May God be blessed trough the SVD-ALS and may he reward your generosity (2 Cor 9:7).
With the SVD-ALS learners,
Fr. Randy Flores, SVD – Site coordinator
Fr. Flavie Villanueva, SVD – Treasurer
Ms. Olive Tolentino – Instructional Manager (IM)
Ms. Perla Costa – IM Aide
Ms. Ritchelle Razon – IM Aide
Please click here to know more about SVD-ALS
If you want to join the SVD-ALS support group, please write to Fr. Randy Flores, SVD email addresss: firstname.lastname@example.org